How pathetic is this....

Jase69er

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 499

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Wow, what bloody tools put these things in, Greenies ?
Not good to tar the whole lot of them, but who else would do such a thing ?
Maybe locals sick of irresponsible 4wdrs, but end up getting innocent ones too ?

ChilliBurr

Dogs... off with their heads I say. Man that would be an expensive little trip if you hit that with 4 rubbers or even worse 6. End of the day nothing surprises me any more but fair dinkum!!!

nao

thats disgraceful, should report to the police. imagine if you were on a dirt bike..

Neddysmith

Extremely bloody dangerous, there would be no protection if i ever caught people putting stuff like this out....

redandy3575

Not good......Whoever put that there Should be reported to the DSE for littering and destruction of the bush.

Jase69er

I just got off the phone to the Moe cops, directed them to the Facebook page. They will be on it straight away as they have a Landcuriser up that way right now.

This is really not on.

prawns

Those spikes could really f$%@ up a horse or bushwalkers too (hit them on a bike and I think you would be lucky to walk away with only a broken collarbone after you highside it)

What kind of morons are getting bred these days thats just completely idiotic behaviour - they should be charged with attempted manslaughter I reckon if they catch the retarded scum fags that put it there (a dirtbike hitting that at 60+ wouldnt end well at all)

Maybe Vege should start making and selling his choppers to National Parks and State forests so they can patrol remote areas better and hopefully catch them in the act - the possibility of being watched might help discourage the dumb shits

poiderav4

That is absolutely shocking, and if it is residents fighting back against some of the absolute dickheads that can get in a 4wd then those residents would be better justified by taking number plate sand videos of the idiots and then us sensible offroaders would not be targeted.
I have ben 4wding for about a year now and have been nearly run off the edge of the road twice, by irresponsible 4wders taking more road than they need. and have seen many a 4wd straying needlessly far off the tracks destroying what does not need to be destroyed
Peter

Gunna

I agree with what everyone is saying what penalties should be handed out to people who carry out this sort of behavior, but I'm curious as whether this is authentic. A group of 4x4 Earth members including myself, just spent last weekend there continuing with camp ground upgrades see http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/camping-areas/25970-another-otooles-working-bee-9.htm and we never came across anything like this, even the pic doesn't resemble any area of the camp ground. I'm sure the Ranger who was with us over the weekend would have mentioned it had it been found there.
Jase can you include a link to the page here so we can check the whole story.
If people are going to post this sort of thing up they should have done their research and found out the exact location.
I'm not sure what the Moe police are going to do Jase, if the thing has already been removed

Grumpy

Jas just would like to ask exactly where the spike bar was located because I'm not certain but there is no bluestone anywhere near O'Tooles campground from memory.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Sorry jas could you give us an exact location as we were up there on the weekend and walked a lot of the area as we were as Gunna stated working in the area, this sort of deterrent is just not on and by the looks of it someone has gone to a lot of trouble

Jase69er

Sorry jas could you give us an exact location as we were up there on the weekend and walked a lot of the area as we were as Gunna stated working in the area, this sort of deterrent is just not on and by the looks of it someone has gone to a lot of trouble

I'll got onto Facebook and ask, police also rang me asking 'where' too.