How to unlock your Navman to use OZiexplorerCE :)

InSanE

I came across this doing some research on Navman gps's and we tried it one a mates navman and worked a treat. you just need to get an sd card, activesync and oziCE and follow the steps in this link, it unlocks your navman so its basicly like a PDA and boots into windowsCE and you can access ozi or navman software from there.

NavmanUnlocked Wiki » Unlock

LowLux

Pretty cool there InSanE. I have the N40i and might just try out some of the potential features. I'm not much of a tech head myself but I know a bit and my wife is the IT Guru so she can check things out for me.

phs

i unlocked my s50 downloaded oziexplorerCE loaded it on and booted it and i have no idea how to use this programe i got gps connection and a rought map of the world and thats it , .....

is this programe like a normal GPS as in you drive and it updates you on you current location ??? it got me stuffed it just seems like a still melways type thing .

im looking for a programe so i can log my tracks and post them up here and download maps from here and loaded them up.

InSanE

speak to 4x4 on this forum mate, he is a oziexplorer Guru he can answer all your questions :)

and yes you need the maps to go with oziexplorer it is a great program for offroad work it will do everything you need plus more.

peternaujoks

Hey,

I have the same problem with my s50 - did you manage to get the thing working? I'm struggling big time - will definetely need a holiday to get over the agro!

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
As soon as I get a copy of OZI up and running I will be able to let you all know if this works ok on my Navman F10

Offrdn60

speak to 4x4 on this forum mate, he is a oziexplorer Guru he can answer all your questions :)

and yes you need the maps to go with oziexplorer it is a great program for offroad work it will do everything you need plus more.

Can i save a tracklog?

kyleb

I spent some time on the weekend unlocking my Navman S80. I found the unlock software to work OK but there are a few things that I did not like. Most of these have been sorted after doing a few tweaks to the thing. I installed OziExplorerCE and am pretty happy with what I have so far. Now I am just waiting for a map pack to arrive. Once I have it all set up I will post a follow-up on what I think of it.

peternaujoks

I tried unlocking my S50 using the link you posted on the 14th (top of this forum) - bugger wouldn't work on my S50 which is a bit strange - did you get the "Install Desktop" message? I didn't! Appreciate any advice/detail of the steps you took, as this should work!

kyleb

I ended up purchasing the Hema 4WD maps which come with the full set of Geoscience 1:250K raster maps. The Hema maps work great, but converting the Geoscience maps into the Ozfx3 format and keeping them at a resonable size while still maintaining a decent resolution was difficult. I have now completed it and ended up splitting the Maps across 2 2GB SD cards. Im quite happy with the functionality and it seems to run fine on my S80. I have not done a lot of driving since finishing it all, but the moving map feature works fine around my local area, I am just not sure how well it will go changing to the next map when I reach the edge of the the current map.

Wahroonga Farm

.. I am just not sure how well it will go changing to the next map when I reach the edge of the the current map.
It'll work fine. It'll have a small hissy fit when it looses a map, then loads the new map, then adjusts for new location. Takes a couple of seconds. Maybe longer on larger map files?

centaur

I came across this doing some research on Navman gps's and we tried it one a mates navman and worked a treat. you just need to get an sd card, activesync and oziCE and follow the steps in this link, it unlocks your navman so its basicly like a PDA and boots into windowsCE and you can access ozi or navman software from there.

NavmanUnlocked Wiki » Unlock

That looks pretty cool.:):) Obviously I will have to wait until they get the right unlock programme for my Navman. Mine is the Navman S45. Just got it last night for the "minister for war"!!!!! ;):cool:

When they get the right programme out, I will definately try it out.:D

kyleb

Has anyone noticed issues with the TimeZone setting on the S-Series Navmans after unloking them? I have found that even after the registry edit is run, the timezone being pickup up by OziExplorer is incorrect. However if I go into Date/time , the timezone shown is correct. If I make the system think a change has been made (eg: click on the current day on the calander and click OK) it all works fine and OziExplorer adjusts itself correctly.

I think its to do with the drivers or application interface being loaded with the timezone before the registry modification is run to change the timezone.

diesel

I unlocked my Navman S30, installed OziCE - works great, loads of extras now.
All I need are some maps, then for a real test.......

dustybum

I too managaed to unlock my Navman S300T and it now runs oziexplorer with all my maps etc. It switches back to a more detailed urban map when in town but reverts back to either the rooftop maps or DSE type contour maps depending on what I want to look at or where I am. I can also switch back to the Navman OEM software at the push of a button.. PERFECT.. Also works great on the trailbike in a waterproof mount...:D

kyleb

Mine S80 has been performing well with OziExplorer and the full Hema Map set (including the Geoscience Maps) loaded on a 4Gb card. I had to slightly compress the Geoscience maps when I converted them but there is no real noticeable difference. It runs fine (just the initial the map indexing takes about 5 minutes) but once its done it fine.