2" Lift for 09' Hilux

bevas lux

G'day,

Looking to lift the lux around 2" using Greasable Shackles and coil strut spacers incorporating a drop diff kit. My question is, is it worth getting the drop diff kit, how much wear do your CV's really got from a lift like this?

Secondly, snake racing do this lot as a package, how do they rate to other aftermarket suppliers? And are they competitive in their pricing for the quality?

Any advice, ideas is much appreciated.
Cheers

Pure Yobbo

Hey Mate,

Wait for Zordo to come online and answer your questions. He will be honest and is also cheap.

Cheers

ZORDO

Mate if you want 2" lift with longer shackles you will 4" longer shackles or use blocks.
Blocks will tend to give more axle tramp.:mad:

The best option id to do a proper 2" lift with new leaves /coils /longer rear shocks etc
Diff drop will be better for the CVs but not neccessary.
Also you will lose ground clearance with a diff drop:rolleyes:
Cheers

rodw

Bevas,

I would say the best kit out there for the Hilux is from Wizard Performance down the Gold Coast. Brent brings in the Total Chaos upper control arms and the Racerunner 2-3" adjustable coil overs and the kit includes diff drop brackets and sway bar relocation plates. He teams this up with a rear setup from King Springs done to his spec. With the exchange rate the way it is this is not cheap, over $5k.

The other diff drop kits include Ultimate and Snake Racing but these actually reduce ground clearance but are good if you want the poser look round town and don't wheel it hard off road. Also quite expensive.

So the next serious kit down from Wizard is the Tough Dog Adjustable shock kit which I have fitted. This will set you back around $2,500 depending on spring selection. The adjustable shocks are compatible with Rancho's incab wireless adjuster system. After that, any other cheaper kit with the Old Man Emu kit dead last due to continued reported problems with sagging.

Some people have had good results with a combination of the Bilstein front struts and King Spring Coils.

Anyway, the source of knowledge on the new Hilux is Newhilux.net - New Hilux, 4x4, Hilux, SR5, 2005 Hilux, 2006 Hilux, 2007 Hilux, D4D, D4-D, Common Rail, Dual Cab so come on over spend some time searching and then ask a few questions.

I might add I had my heart set on the Wizard kit but I went on a camper trip round NZ. Before I left, Brent was waiting for stock to arrive. While I was there we had a global economic crisis and wen I got home, the price had gone up by over $1k in 3 weeks.

TUFF IFS LUX

G'day,

Looking to lift the lux around 2" using Greasable Shackles and coil strut spacers incorporating a drop diff kit. My question is, is it worth getting the drop diff kit, how much wear do your CV's really got from a lift like this?

Secondly, snake racing do this lot as a package, how do they rate to other aftermarket suppliers? And are they competitive in their pricing for the quality?

Any advice, ideas is much appreciated.
Cheers

The 1" diff drop that you are reffering to is not needed especially with only a 2" lift.......

your cv's will be fine up to 2.5 - 3" of lift. I wouldnt lift any more than that.

The 1" diff drop doesnt drop your front diff 1 inch, it is 1 inch in height but because its fitted to only two of the three diff mounts, it actually rolls your diff forwards resulting in only half an inch of cv releif at the wheel.

pointless and not worth wasting money on.

on another note, the spacer lift you want to fit on the struts....also extend the bump stops by half that amount.

eg: if spacer lift is 2" extend bump stops by 1"...because keeping the standard front strut and adding a lift block, you are moving the bottoming out point of the front strut itself...therefore the front strut will bottom out before the lower control arm does with the bump stop rubber, if done with enough force, the strut will collapse causing major dramas for you.

Ive seen this happen and the drive shaft got ripped out of the front diff....major problems.

Your better off getting a longer front strut for the lift, no blocks, and do it right.