Wombat SF, Mineral Springs and Chocolate Run. 5/12/10 (Easy)

bluepig

the parks on the right
dont make the mistake i made and stopped at the football ground next to the shops:eek:
its easy once you know:D

jack48

Have a great day out tomorrow guys, especially at the Chocolate Mill, we have purchased that much there we got a free T shirt LOL, beautiful chocolate as you will find out, bet you all buy some, we are due to go there again soon, our supplies were depleted months ago.

GXL4x4

hello anyone traveling from eastern Melbourne tomorrow? I am in boronia going to there :) let me know if your leaving 7:30-8am. Thankyou

c_lewien

hello anyone traveling from eastern Melbourne tomorrow? I am in boronia going to there :) let me know if your leaving 7:30-8am. Thankyou

Yep I'm traveling from Pakenham (The hilux is on the go now after having waterpump and timing belt replaced...wooo!)

Travis22

We'll be leaving Narre Warren around 7.30am.

We'll be the slow ass White FJ45 in the left hand lane doing 90km/h maximum.

No doubt ya'll will pass us somewhere along the way, if... sorry, no; when! you pass us give a toot or say g'day on the uhf. Offers of a tow at 100-110km/h accepted haha.

Travis.

crtx

Hey I'm leaving chadstone at 7.30am from high st freeway exit anyone keen to convoy pm me if not catch a white 100 and brown 60series uhf 29

Alien d2

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well.....
I I've just got back from a run up there and I will have to change the planed route:mad:
Some people have done a burn up there this week and closed one of the tracks I wanted to do.
Tried anouther but it has a few sections of soft mud on it so I think we'll give it a miss to.
Play time afterwards is still an option depending on peoples depature needs:)
How ever on the way I will give you a choice....
1.. A main dirt road with a few veiws back to Melbourne between the trees.
2.. Holts/Nuggety tracks...Difficult, steep rocky climb with ruts followed further on with 2 steep rutty clay climbs :D
Both tracks lead to the same point so I am happy to split the group according to desires(Map supplied for 2nd group).

Oh.. and I'm leaving home @ 8:30 if any one wants to tagalong for 2Km:p

See you in the morning:D

Last edited:

Moo63

Mmmmm sounds like a sweet trip . . . . cya in the morning . . . .

Pete . . .

PS: look out for a black hilux if I get lost . . . :D

c_lewien

I think I have done something wrong. Karma keeps biting me in a rear for some unknown reason. For the waterpump decided it didn't want to play nice anymore and today I was involved in minor MVA in the hilux and looks like a broke the kingpin in the front after hitting a embankment/deep drain to miss a oncoming car who was texting on the phone.

I took it all apart this afternoon hoping it was the inner bearing but no such luck.

After stressing to get the waterpump and timing belt done in time it looks like I'm out until next trip and more $$$ to spend.

Sorry guys, I was looking really forward to the trip :(

Alien d2

4x4 Earth Contributer
I think I have done something wrong. Karma keeps biting me in a rear for some unknown reason. For the waterpump decided it didn't want to play nice anymore and today I was involved in minor MVA in the hilux and looks like a broke the kingpin in the front after hitting a embankment/deep drain to miss a oncoming car who was texting on the phone.

I took it all apart this afternoon hoping it was the inner bearing but no such luck.

After stressing to get the waterpump and timing belt done in time it looks like I'm out until next trip and more $$$ to spend.

Sorry guys, I was looking really forward to the trip :(

Sorry to hear of the dramas.
After all the work the spaners(was it 5?) did too.

Hope to see you on the next one.

Travis22

Bloody hell Cameron, thats bad luck thankfully it wasnt any worse; ie. no persons hurt?

Earlier i was scarring the crap outta myself by watching youtube video's of others playing in Wombat SF... Talk about bog hole central!

With our Xmas holiday trip around Dargo next week i sure as hell can not take any chances for even minor damage on this trip with absolutely zero funds available for repair. Happy to do just about anything except play in bog holes... IH8MUD :eek:

Travis.

c_lewien

Sorry to hear of the dramas.
After all the work the spaners(was it 5?) did too.

Hope to see you on the next one.

Yep had a total of 5 working on it because they knew how much I needed the car before Sunday

Bloody hell Cameron, thats bad luck thankfully it wasnt any worse; ie. no persons hurt?

Travis.

Luckily no one was hurt. Just a bit shaken up and annoyed. I have a feeling its going to be a bit pricey to fix.

GXL4x4

Well just about packed carnt wait for tomorrow i will try any thing up hills down hills, tracks cya in morning and will have it on ch 29 on the way.

Cheers

Chris