Maxxis

botch

Hey guys just wont to know is the 35s maxxis all terrian tyers any good please as i have brought only bf goodridge Cheers:D

4x4junki

i have been looking into Maxxis myself, i have not heard a bad word about them nor gr8 words either, best bet would be to chat to your wheel and tyre mean and get their opinion. If they're honest and not just salesmen you will get good advice.

try giving these guys a call Fourby's 4wd Superstore

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
A friend has the 751 31" AT and has over 100,000KM on them and traction is good agains the BFG AT's on mine. Value to dollars I was looking at purchasing them when I replace all 4 tyres.

4x4junki

hey guys, tyre update..... i did buy some Maxxis 33x12.5 x15 Bighorns for my GQ and i can say with all honesty that these are a fantastic tyre. Had no troubles witih them at Manar Park on the weekend, they got me everywhere i wanted to go and further and for $270 each represent gr8 value 4 money.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
A group from the club are heading up to The Manar on the June long weekend. Can you give a track report?

terradom

Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me if these Maxxis Bighorns are a LT construction?
Just wondering as I have read a lot of good reports about them.

Regards
Dom

4x4junki

hey terradom, the Bighorns are indeed a lt construction..... i've had them on for 1 trip and they got a pretty good workout, up some very steep, sharp rocked hills and they have performed brilliantly

4x4junki

hey bmurray2250, the Manar was an excellent weekend (we spent 3 nights) nice place to stay and camp, and relax. But some pretty awesome tracks to boot, we rang Dave and Robyn on the Wednesday to see how much rain they had, and they at that stage had 70mm. When we got there on Friday lunchtime you wouldn't know they had that much, so all the tracks are really good. If you don't mind gettin' some scratches on ya car you will love it, as some of the tracks were a bit overgrown.

If you're into mud theres some to be had just off track #2 a couple of good hard bottomed holes to play in. Track #20 i think it was along the creek was a nice little drive, and track #27 was a fairly challenging one if you want it hard. Pajero Hill was a challenging climb but much fun was had when my Nissan made the top, and my mates Cruiser had to take a different track.

Tell Dave and Robyn that it was referred by me and i'm sure they will look after you as they are very keen to get more 4 wheelers up there.

Cheers

Jarrod & Tash

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me if these Maxxis Bighorns are a LT construction?
Just wondering as I have read a lot of good reports about them.

Regards
Dom

They should be LT, just look on the tyre should something like:

LT265/75R16

which is off my BFG AT

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks Jarrod for the track report and I have sent he info onto the lads that are heading up this weekend.

BILLBY

time for new boots

it has been a few months since any posts does anyone have a up to date review looking to buy within the next week :cool:

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
I have a new set of 31 x 10.5 Maxxis Bighorns on my Pathy and I am quite happy with them. They seem quite ok on the road too but I have a set of basic AT for the road.

What Maxxis tyre were you looking at?

Nick

BILLBY

bighorn

yes getting closer to getting the mt 763 35 x 15 currently running mickey t claws , looking at some longer trips seems a waste of the claws spending 5k on the black top getting to and from :cool:

apsilon

I'm using 265/70-17 Bighorns for offroad and so far very happy with them. Good on the dirt, haven't seen any real mud yet. Surprisingly good on road. 110km/h sweepers there's no tread squirm like I've had on other big tread block tyres in the past so a very good touring tyre IMO so far.